1. Teddy Ruxpin:
Who’d have thought that this annoying talking bear would be more expensive now than in the ’80s?!
2. Fisher-Price Yellow Roof Little People Family Play House:
Most of us probably have memories of playing with the Little People Tudor House. But, did you know there was also a yellow roof version? And today it’s also the pricer one.
3. Fisher-Price Little People Parking Garage:
Reliving the fun of racing your Little People (in their cars) down the ramp will only set you back $150.
5. Michael Jackson: Superstar of the 80’s Doll:
I guess it’s not a bad price, if you want to preserve what MJ looked like before he got all the plastic surgery.
This perennial favorite has gotten a modern day LED make-over, making this classic version that much more desirable.
9. Strawberry Shortcake: Berry Happy Home Doll House:
On the plus side, the play set does come with all the furniture and dolls.
12. The Real Ghostbusters: Fright Feature Action Figure:
Surprisingly, Peter Venkman is the most expensive figure from this toy series.
13. “Glitter and Gold” Jem
It’s OK, she’s worth it ‘cause she’s “truly, truly, truly outrageous.”
14. Transformers: Optimus Prime and Megatron Action Figures:
It’s not surprising the original toys would command this much. The toy line has remained popular ever since its launch.
15. Garbage Pail Kids: Adam Bomb
The most iconic card in the series’ high price was driven by the fact that it was used on all the packaging.
16. Talking Pee-wee Herman Doll:
Can you really put a price on hearing Pee-wee Herman’s voice?
Yup, an original Nintendo mint in the box can command more than a 13-inch MacBook Air.
18. Fisher-Price Cassette Player:
The only problem here would be finding cassettes to play in it.
19. Cabbage Patch Baby:
At its height in the ’80s, black market Cabbage Patch dolls sold into the thousands to parents eager to make their kids happy on Christmas morning. So, I guess this is kinda discount?
21. Barbie and the Rockers:
This Jem rip-off holds a special place in many ’80s girls’ (and boys’) hearts.
22. She-Ra and Swift Wind Action Figure Pack:
The high price is driven by the fact that in this rare packaging, both She-Ra and Swift Wing were packaged together.
23. G.I. Joe Motorized Battle Tank:
Somehow this vehicle is even more pricer than the legendary G.I. Joe USS Flagg Flag Aircraft Carrier play set.
24. He-Man and Battle Cat Action Figure Pack:
Just like the She-Ra and Swift Wind pack, the fact that both He-Man and Battle Cat were packaged together accounts for the high price of this toy set.
- Illinois' attorney general has asked the U.S. Department of Justice's Civil Rights Division to investigate Chicago's police department. ›
- It's World AIDS Day — 35 million people have died from AIDS-related conditions, and more than 34 million people are living with the disease. ›
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg says he'll give away 99% of his Facebook shares (worth $45 billion today) over the course of his life. ›