1. Popularized by the label “Gunne Sax,” prairie dresses were a popular style for women throughout the ’70s. With its lace trim, high collars, long sleeves and hemlines the style was meant to evoke an era of romance and nostalgia.
4. Nothing said comfort like being dressed from the neck down in 100% polyester.
6. Prices ranged anywhere between $9.99 to $11.99. Though the “chubby” sizes were extra.
7. Some of the styles were pretty questionable, even by ‘70s standards.
We've got your WKND covered.
In The News Today
- With head clerk Kim Davis jailed, Rowan County issued its first same-sex marriage license since the Supreme Court's June decision. ›
- After mounting pressure from other European countries, Britain will accept thousands more refugees from UN camps bordering Syria. ›
- A drowned Syrian boy, whose picture caused outrage around the world, has been buried together with his mother and 5-year-old brother. ›