1. Popularized by the label “Gunne Sax,” prairie dresses were a popular style for women throughout the ’70s. With its lace trim, high collars, long sleeves and hemlines the style was meant to evoke an era of romance and nostalgia.
4. Nothing said comfort like being dressed from the neck down in 100% polyester.
6. Prices ranged anywhere between $9.99 to $11.99. Though the “chubby” sizes were extra.
7. Some of the styles were pretty questionable, even by ‘70s standards.
We've got your WKND covered.
In The News Today
- At least three people have died in South Carolina due to severe rainfall. More than 11 inches of rain fell on the city in 48 hours. ›
- President Obama says the U.S. has launched a full investigation into the airstrikes that killed 22 people at a hospital in Afghanistan on Saturday. ›
- The World Bank announced that for the first time it is forecasting the rate of extreme global poverty to drop below 10% in 2015 . ›