1. Ham and bananas hollandaise.
I know what your thinking, this is totally going to become your new brunch staple.
2. Barbecue cottage cheese salad
This is an unholy alliance of flavors and textures.
3. Vegetable Hi-Hat
I can definitely get behind having meatloaf with green beans and mashed potatoes (I think that’s mashed potatoes). But, adding evaporated milk, peaches and marchino cherries to a meatloaf?
4. Tuna Macaroni Cheese Loaf
This was only made grosser by garnishing it with lima beans.
5. 7-Up and Milk
Nothing says “wholesome” like adding half a soda to a glass of milk.
6. Pie Plate Salad
If a canned vegetable gelatine salad wasn’t bad enough, the recipe recommends you garnish it with tartar sauce.
7. Frosted lime-walnut salad
Ugh, more gelatin! Also, to make it more unappetizing, the recipe calls for cottage cheese, cream cheese and mayonnaise.
This is a heart attack inducing combination: Take 6 cups of ham and coat it with an inch of Miracle Whip.
9. Corn Bologna Boots
A delicious combination of bologna, barbecue sauce, olives and creamed corn, served elegantly over a dinner roll.
Best guess: a chilled salmon loaf, slathered with an outer layer of guacamole?
Correction: This post has been updated with sources for all the recipes.
- President Obama marked a decade of recovery after Hurricane Katrina, citing gains, but also the immense amount of work that he said still needs to be done. ›
- [Reporters across the U.S. are posting #WeStandWithWDBJ tributes on social media following Wednesday's on-air killing of two journalists. *› (http://www.buzzfeed.com/mbvd/journalists-across-the-us-show-solidarity-with-peers-of-slai)
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg said (on Faceboook, obviously) that one billion people used the service on Monday. ›