1. Ham and bananas hollandaise.
I know what your thinking, this is totally going to become your new brunch staple.
2. Barbecue cottage cheese salad
This is an unholy alliance of flavors and textures.
3. Vegetable Hi-Hat
I can definitely get behind having meatloaf with green beans and mashed potatoes (I think that’s mashed potatoes). But, adding evaporated milk, peaches and marchino cherries to a meatloaf?
4. Tuna Macaroni Cheese Loaf
This was only made grosser by garnishing it with lima beans.
5. 7-Up and Milk
Nothing says “wholesome” like adding half a soda to a glass of milk.
6. Pie Plate Salad
If a canned vegetable gelatine salad wasn’t bad enough, the recipe recommends you garnish it with tartar sauce.
7. Frosted lime-walnut salad
Ugh, more gelatin! Also, to make it more unappetizing, the recipe calls for cottage cheese, cream cheese and mayonnaise.
This is a heart attack inducing combination: Take 6 cups of ham and coat it with an inch of Miracle Whip.
9. Corn Bologna Boots
A delicious combination of bologna, barbecue sauce, olives and creamed corn, served elegantly over a dinner roll.
Best guess: a chilled salmon loaf, slathered with an outer layer of guacamole?
Correction: This post has been updated with sources for all the recipes.
- The National Dialogue Quartet in Tunisia won the 2015 Nobel Peace Prize for its role in building a democracy there. ›
- California Republican Kevin McCarthy has dropped out of the race to be the next speaker of the U.S. House. ›
- The United Nations has proposed a national unity government for Libya after peace talks between the north African country's two rival factions. ›