1. Los Pollos Hermanos, “Breaking Bad’
It just so happens that the finest fried chicken in New Mexico comes courtesy of criminal mastermind Gustavo Fring, who uses his popular Los Pollos Hermanos chain as a finger-licking front for other, much more unsavory dealings. We do hear excellent things about their “Wing, Thigh, and Quarter-Bag of Crystal Meth” combo, though.
2. Top Of The Muffin To You!, “Seinfeld”
It’s a million dollar idea: pop the top off a muffin, toss the stale stump, then savor the fluffy, crunchy psuedo-pastry that’s left over. As rock-solid a concept as it is, though, this scrumptious restaurant start-up hits a few snags when it ends up with a surplus of muffin stumps that it just can’t get rid of. And, seriously, what’s more toxic than a kitchen full of — shudder — muffin stumps?
3. Popplers, “Futurama”
Discovered by the bumbling Planet Express crew during one of their away missions, these minuscule morsels quickly became one of Earth’s most popular delicacies when introduced through futuristic fast food chain Fishy Joe’s. Things take a sour turn, however, when the true nature of the savory snacks is revealed, and the humans realize they’ve been noshing on the fertilized eggs of the intergalactic warmongers on Omicron Persei 8. Awkwardddd.
4. Sabor De Soledad, “30 Rock”
One of 30 Rock’s countless recurring gags, cheesy snack puffs Sabor De Soledad have the distinct honor of spurring one of the show’s longest running plot-lines: Liz Lemon’s baby craze. When TGS’s ever-stressed showrunner found herself in the center of a pregnancy test scare, it turned out to be a false alarm triggered by her favorite snack food, which just happened to be chockfull of — you guessed it — evaporated bull semen. Liz would later start down the long road to adoption, but she still hasn’t kicked these (questionably) scrumptious snacks.
5. Cheesy Poofs, “South Park”
But we can’t bring up fluffy cheese puffs without touching on one of the most popular fictitious foods in a show overflowing with them: Cheesy Poofs, the snack food of choice for hefty pre-teen hellion Eric Cartman. Follow these bad boys up with a box of Chocolate Salty Balls and a quick trip to Crust E. Krotch’s for the full South Park experience.
6. Bluth’s Original Frozen Bananas, “Arrested Development”
While it’s now known as Newport Beach’s premiere candied banana vendor, the Bluth’s Original Frozen Banana stand wasn’t always such a hotspot of honest fruit-based commerce. In fact, the unassuming stand’s reputation in the 1970s was much seedier, where — somewhat similar to Los Pollos Hermanos above — it was hailed as a hotspot for buying and selling dope. There’s a reason this Oceanside staple was once dubbed the “Big Yellow Joint.”
7. Krusty Burger, “The Simpsons”
The most popular fast food joint in Springfield — and unanimously shamed as the “unhealthiest restaurant in the world” everywhere else — Krusty Burger has long been the go-to grubbery for greasy food and even greasier faces. Even the king clown himself can’t stand the taste, smirking through a mouthful of Ribwich with an unconvincing, “Mm, I don’t mind the taste!”
8. Apollo Bars, “Lost”
One of the few consistent events in twisty-turvy primetime television spectacle Lost was the appearance of Apollo Bars, the favorite snacks of the time-traveling-or-maybe-dead-or-who-really-knows survivors of Oceanic Flight 815.
9. Big Kahuna Burger, “Pulp Fiction”
Immediately preceding one of cinema’s most celebrated (and oft-recited) monologues was a nice bit of snackery that whets our appetites every time we watch it. Coolheaded killer Jules Winnfield takes a couple of casual minutes to savor a delectable Big Kahuna burger, but immediately snaps back into intimidation mode before capping big-brained Brett in a blaze of Biblical fury.
10. The Four Horsemeals of the Eggporkalypse, “Parks & Recreations”
There are few meals worthy of mustachioed department director Ron Swanson’s grizzled palate, but its JJ’s famed Four Horsemeals of the Eggporkalypse that makes Pawnee’s most popular diner his go-to location for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and everything in-between.
Please validate your account to contribute content.
Preview Your Response
- keithrhernandez thinks The 10 Most Mouth-Watering Fictional ... is Irresistible
- ianjd The 10 Most Mouth-Watering Fictional ...
- treezandbeez The 10 Most Mouth-Watering Fictional ... and thinks it’s Irresistible
- sujiy thinks The 10 Most Mouth-Watering Fictional ... is Irresistible
- loonyluna48 thinks The 10 Most Mouth-Watering Fictional ... is Irresistible
- Kateylegs thinks The 10 Most Mouth-Watering Fictional ... is Ew
- J.E.W. thinks The 10 Most Mouth-Watering Fictional ... is LOL
- sammys2 thinks The 10 Most Mouth-Watering Fictional ... is LOL
- keviny3 thinks The 10 Most Mouth-Watering Fictional ... is LOL
- Hey! thinks The 10 Most Mouth-Watering Fictional ... is LOL