1. In a world first, executives from Australia’s top sporting codes met yesterday to introduce a new initiative to rid sport of homophobia.
2. CEO of Australia’s AFL, Andrew Demetriou, spoke about the firm stance Australian sport was taking.
4. This is the first time all major sporting codes of one country have come together to tackle the issue of homophobia and discrimination based on sexual orientation.
5. The initiative has been launched in unison with The Bingham Cup, the World Cup of gay rugby.
6. Many of Australia’s sporting heroes have appeared in an advert to help launch the campaign.
7. And a lot of people were very happy with Australia.
11. Good work Australia, keep it up!
Brad Esposito is a news reporter for BuzzFeed and is based in Sydney, Australia.
Contact Brad Esposito at email@example.com.
In The News Today
- The Dutch Safety Board has released a final report of its investigation into why Malaysian Airlines Flight MH17 broke up over Ukraine in 2014. ›
- Condé Nast has acquired Pitchfork, the independent music website and magazine, for an undisclosed amount. ›
- Iran's parliament approved a deal on its nuclear program, which was agreed to in July following lengthy talks between six world powers. ›