1. In a world first, executives from Australia’s top sporting codes met yesterday to introduce a new initiative to rid sport of homophobia.
2. CEO of Australia’s AFL, Andrew Demetriou, spoke about the firm stance Australian sport was taking.
4. This is the first time all major sporting codes of one country have come together to tackle the issue of homophobia and discrimination based on sexual orientation.
5. The initiative has been launched in unison with The Bingham Cup, the World Cup of gay rugby.
6. Many of Australia’s sporting heroes have appeared in an advert to help launch the campaign.
7. And a lot of people were very happy with Australia.
11. Good work Australia, keep it up!
Brad Esposito is a staff writer for BuzzFeed and is based in Sydney, Australia.
Contact Brad Esposito at email@example.com.
Here Are The Top Stories
- More debris – believed to be part of the missing aircraft MH370 – has been found washed up on the Indian Ocean island of Réunion on Sunday.
- Cilla Black, the legendary English singer and TV star, has died at her home in Spain, according to local police. She was 72-years-old.
- A conservation group at Oxford University told BuzzFeed News that media reports of Jericho's death were not true and that the 11-year-old lion was "alive and well".