1. In a world first, executives from Australia’s top sporting codes met yesterday to introduce a new initiative to rid sport of homophobia.
2. CEO of Australia’s AFL, Andrew Demetriou, spoke about the firm stance Australian sport was taking.
4. This is the first time all major sporting codes of one country have come together to tackle the issue of homophobia and discrimination based on sexual orientation.
5. The initiative has been launched in unison with The Bingham Cup, the World Cup of gay rugby.
6. Many of Australia’s sporting heroes have appeared in an advert to help launch the campaign.
7. And a lot of people were very happy with Australia.
11. Good work Australia, keep it up!
Brad Esposito is a news reporter for BuzzFeed and is based in Sydney, Australia.
Contact Brad Esposito at email@example.com.
In The News Today
- The first group of what is expected to be several thousand refugees arrived in Germany after a delayed journey through Hungary and Austria. ›
- Japan lifted an evacuation order on the small town of Naraha for the first time since the 2011 Fukushima nuclear disaster. ›
- Rowan County, Kentucky, issued several marriage licenses, but their validity is being questioned because jailed clerk Kim Davis's name isn't on them. ›