Last year, the Iowa State Fair made national headlines by selling fried butter on a stick.
But let’s not forget some of the other fried delicacies at the world’s greatest state fair!
1. FRIED MACARONI AND CHEESE.
With bacon bits and sour cream, this baby clocks in at:
But it’ll be served to you by these super-happy people!
2. Chicken on a stick!
3. CHEESE CURDS!
For this little guy:
But look at the nice people serving them to you!
4. FUNNEL CAKE!
These counts are, of course, before the toppings are added.
5. DOUBLE BACON CORN DOG!
So they take a corn dog wrapped in bacon…
…and batter it in bacon bits batter then deep-fry it and serve with syrup dipping sauce!
They are served with various toppings, but as a general rule:
People seriously love these.
(The line was around the block.)
6. Or you could just have the foot-long corn dog for:
7. Deep-fried Oreos, Snickers, and Twinkies!
8. GIANT HALF-POUND PORK TENDERLOIN.
9. FRIED CHEESE!
11. COWBOY CONE.
With pulled pork, beans, slaw, and BBQ sauce served in a waffle cone.
12. BEEF SUNDAE.
13. PORK CHOP ON A STICK.
“Here ya go!”
15. BACON RIB ON A STICK.
But look at how HAPPY these people ARE?!
16. Then there was this fried tower thing….
We really have no idea.
Or you can do a cup of watermelon.
17. BIG-ASS TURKEY LEG.
“MMMMMMMM so good.”
All calorie counts based on estimates from Calorie King.
We've got your WKND covered.
- Two University of Cincinnati officers who were on the scene shortly after Samuel Dubose was fatally shot have been placed on leave. The officer accused of killing Dubose has been released from jail on bond.
- An ultra-Orthodox man stabbed six people at Jerusalem's gay pride parade on Thursday.
- The new Apple TV will debut in September, along with its own App Store, sources tell BuzzFeed News.