1. Banks announced last month that the first single off her debut album would be officially released March 26th on iTunes.
4. As of this afternoon, however, the single still hasn’t been released by Interscope.
6. What makes it stranger is that Banks has deleted most of her tweets referencing the date.
8. Some fans think there may be tension between Banks and her label.
9. But a delay is hardly unusual for Banks. Her debut album has been pushed back again and again in the past year.
The album was originally expected to come out in spring of 2012, but then was announced for a September 2012 release, and then pushed back to February 12, 2013. It’s been pushed back yet again, this time with no solid date in sight.
10. And someone on the set of the music video for the single tweeted a photo out today.
11. It’s likely that the delay of “Yung Rapunxel” is related to clearing samples on the track, namely Mary J. Blige’s “No More Drama.”
- 26 people, thought to be refugees and migrants, were discovered in the back of a truck in Austria. ›
- Thai police arrested a man alleged to have explosives in his possession, almost two weeks after a deadly bomb blast in Bangkok killed 20 people. ›
- Kyle Jean-Baptiste, the first black man to play Jean Valjean on Broadway in "Les Misérables," died Friday. He was 21. ›