1. Banks announced last month that the first single off her debut album would be officially released March 26th on iTunes.
4. As of this afternoon, however, the single still hasn’t been released by Interscope.
6. What makes it stranger is that Banks has deleted most of her tweets referencing the date.
8. Some fans think there may be tension between Banks and her label.
9. But a delay is hardly unusual for Banks. Her debut album has been pushed back again and again in the past year.
The album was originally expected to come out in spring of 2012, but then was announced for a September 2012 release, and then pushed back to February 12, 2013. It’s been pushed back yet again, this time with no solid date in sight.
10. And someone on the set of the music video for the single tweeted a photo out today.
11. It’s likely that the delay of “Yung Rapunxel” is related to clearing samples on the track, namely Mary J. Blige’s “No More Drama.”
- More debris – believed to be part of the missing aircraft MH370 – has been found washed up on the Indian Ocean island of Réunion on Sunday.
- Cilla Black, the legendary English singer and TV star, has died at her home in Spain, according to local police. She was 72-years-old.
- A conservation group at Oxford University told BuzzFeed News that media reports of Jericho's death were not true and that the 11-year-old lion was "alive and well".