1. Banks announced last month that the first single off her debut album would be officially released March 26th on iTunes.
4. As of this afternoon, however, the single still hasn’t been released by Interscope.
6. What makes it stranger is that Banks has deleted most of her tweets referencing the date.
8. Some fans think there may be tension between Banks and her label.
9. But a delay is hardly unusual for Banks. Her debut album has been pushed back again and again in the past year.
The album was originally expected to come out in spring of 2012, but then was announced for a September 2012 release, and then pushed back to February 12, 2013. It’s been pushed back yet again, this time with no solid date in sight.
10. And someone on the set of the music video for the single tweeted a photo out today.
11. It’s likely that the delay of “Yung Rapunxel” is related to clearing samples on the track, namely Mary J. Blige’s “No More Drama.”
- Bill Cosby testified in 2005 that he obtained sedatives to give to women he wanted to have sex with, the AP reports.
- The South Carolina legislature took a key step toward removing the Confederate flag from statehouse grounds.
- Reddit's CEO apologized for the site's "long history of mistakes."