1. It’s no secret that Britney’s “Oops… I Did It Again” video is iconic.
2. In large part, that’s thanks to the unforgettable interlude in which a hot astronaut gifts Brit the Titanic necklace.
3. Yep, this hot astronaut.
4. She was skeptical at first, but just LOOK at that smile.
Look at it.
7. The astronaut’s real name is Eli Swanson. At the turn of the millennium he was a model, working for brands like Ralph Lauren, Nike, and Adidas.
8. Well, he’s 38 now. And he’s a DOCTOR. Not only a doctor, actually. He’s a SURGEON.
9. BuzzFeed requested comment from Dr. Swanson through an employee of his practice. He’s yet to return the request, probably because he’s busy being a DOCTOR. But here’s what we do know about what he’s been up to since “Oops”:
11. And after a residency and fellowship, he’s now working as a trauma surgeon in Phoenix.
He saves lives, and this is what we imagine he looks like every day.
12. So if you’re in the Phoenix area and happen to break your ankle, now you know whom to see for help.
13. Mystery solved.
- The trooper who pulled over Sandra Bland was disciplined for "unprofessional conduct" in the fall of 2014, records show.
- Dozens of people inhaled balloons full of laughing gas outside British parliament in protest against proposed drug laws.
- An Ohio man is suspected of fatally shooting his neighbor in the face before running her over with a lawn mower.