1. In her next logical step toward music mogul-dom, Katy Perry has launched her own label, Metamorphosis Music – a joint venture with Capitol Records. She’s also signed its first artist, a pop-rock singer-songwriter named Ferras.
2. Katy announced the news of Ferras joining her label on Twitter early Tuesday afternoon.
Katy met Ferras in 2007, when they both signed with Capitol. In the years since, they became friends.
“Ferras is a man with a message, and a unique lyrical way of communicating his perspective on life that makes you feel connected to every note when you listen,” Katy said in a statement announcing the signing. “‘Speak in Tongues’ is a song with raw emotional power that I wish I wrote. I believe he is going to be an important artist to watch unfold. I am SO ecstatic the world gets to hear his music now both online and on tour with me.”
The singer will be joining Katy on her Prismatic World Tour this summer.
4. Ferras released his debut album, Aliens & Rainbows, via Capitol in 2008.
5. Ferras’ new self-titled EP is out today. Here’s his collaboration with Katy from that release, an uptempo ballad called “Legends Never Die.”
6. Now she’s really a boss. You go, Katy.
- The U.S. government is investigating possible unlawful coordination by some airlines to keep prices high ✈️
- Leaders of the U.S. Episcopal Church, which appointed an out gay bishop in 2003, have voted to let clergy perform religious same-sex marriages.
- The Women's World Cup final is set: Team USA and Japan will play on Sunday ⚽️