1. This photo posted on social media purports to be Brazilian fans rioting during Germany’s 7-1 victory over Brazil.
The tweet has since been deleted by the @TheWorIdCup account.
2. But it’s actually from June 26, 2013, when riot police clashed with demonstrators during a protest near the Mineirao Stadium in Belo Horizonte, Brazil.
3. Similar photos made their way around Twitter, purporting to show riots in the streets of Brazil during the national team’s 7-1 loss.
- The Temple of Bel, an important ancient structure in the ISIS-held Syrian city of Palmyra, has been destroyed, the United Nations says. ›
- A white supremacist has been found guilty of capital murder in the shooting deaths of three people at two Jewish facilities in Kansas last year. ›
- The U.S. Supreme Court says a Kentucky county must issue marriage licenses while its clerk appeals a ruling in a lawsuit from three same-sex couples against her "no marriage licenses" policy. ›