1. This photo posted on social media purports to be Brazilian fans rioting during Germany’s 7-1 victory over Brazil.
The tweet has since been deleted by the @TheWorIdCup account.
2. But it’s actually from June 26, 2013, when riot police clashed with demonstrators during a protest near the Mineirao Stadium in Belo Horizonte, Brazil.
3. Similar photos made their way around Twitter, purporting to show riots in the streets of Brazil during the national team’s 7-1 loss.
- President Obama on Monday declared a major disaster in South Carolina, where floods have killed at least 12 people and left tens of thousands stranded. ›
- California has become the fifth U.S. state to legalize physician-assisted suicide for terminally ill patients. ›
- The U.S., Japan, and 10 other Pacific Rim nations have agreed to a historic trade deal encompassing 40% of the world's economy. ›