1. This photo posted on social media purports to be Brazilian fans rioting during Germany’s 7-1 victory over Brazil.
The tweet has since been deleted by the @TheWorIdCup account.
2. But it’s actually from June 26, 2013, when riot police clashed with demonstrators during a protest near the Mineirao Stadium in Belo Horizonte, Brazil.
3. Similar photos made their way around Twitter, purporting to show riots in the streets of Brazil during the national team’s 7-1 loss.
- Greece will decide on Sunday whether they will accept austerity measures as a condition of a bailout that may stave off an imminent financial and economic crisis.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- It took a while, but an English national soccer team has finally defeated Germany in a major tournament. England took third place with a 1-0 win over the top-ranked German team in the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Chile defeated Argentina on penalties to win the Copa America tournament. It's the first ever trophy for Chile in the 99 years of the Copa ⚽️