1. PROBLEM: My cat jumps up on places he’s not supposed to be!
SOLUTION: Place sticky double-sided tape onto areas you don’t want your cat to jump on. Your cat will begin to think the surface is always sticky and will avoid stepping on it.
There are even special brands of sticky tape to buy for your cat.
2. PROBLEM: My cat scratches everything up!
SOLUTION: Make a DIY cat scratcher with leftover cardboard.
Seriously. Your cat loves boxes already. Turn that leftover cardboard into something useful.
3. PROBLEM: My cat eats too quickly and then throws up!
SOLUTION: Place dry cat food on a shallow plate.
The shallow layer of food stops your cat from digging their entire face into food.
4. PROBLEM: My cat is super squirmy when it’s claw-trimming time.
SOLUTION: Try and trim their claws right after they’re done eating, so they’re a little drowsier than usual. Giving them treats for being a good cat doesn’t hurt either!
5. PROBLEM: My cat sheds hair all over the furniture.
SOLUTION: Pick up cat hair more quickly with a kitchen glove. Wear a rubber kitchen glove and drag it across the fabric. The static will help the hair stick to the gloves.
You can also use masking tape to pick up lots of hair at once.
6. PROBLEM: My cat sheds hair all over my clothes.
SOLUTION: Toss your clothes into the dryer with a dryer sheet. Or rub the dryer sheet on clothes with hair on it.
7. PROBLEM: I can’t get rid of the fleas in my house.
SOLUTION: Make a flea trap with a dish of warm, soapy water. Put it under a desk lamp and make sure all the other lights in your house are turned off. The fleas will be attracted to the light and will drown in the water.
8. PROBLEM: My cat always knocks over cups on my table!
SOLUTION: If Mr. Mittens insists on walking on the table, try buying table cup holder clips.
9. PROBLEM: My cat keeps getting hairballs!
SOLUTION: Try feeding your cat pumpkin. Put a teaspoon of canned pumpkin into your cat’s food each day. It’s a non-grain fiber source that can help digestion.
To prevent hairballs, remember to brush your cat frequently and feed it a balanced diet.