As announced earlier this year, The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is expanding to Universal Studios with the addition of Diagon Alley this summer. Muggles will now be able to visit Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes, Knockturn Alley, Florean Fortescue’s Ice-Cream Parlour, and more.
The main attraction, however, is Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts, a new 3D thrill ride set in the wizarding bank. Below are pictures and video with further details of the magical addition.
9. Watch the video here for more details on what to expect on the ride.
10. ICYMI: Here’s the concept art for Diagon Alley.
11. Diagon Alley:
12. Hogsmeade Station:
13. Florean Fortescue’s Ice-Cream Parlour
14. King’s Cross Station:
15. London Embankment:
17. Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes:
18. Wiseacre’s Wizarding Equipment:
The Grand Opening for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter — Diagon Alley is to be announced at a later date, but is expected to open this summer.
- One person died and three more were injured during a shooting on a university campus in Arizona. ›
- The U.S. ended its $500 million program that trains and equips Syrian rebels in their fight against ISIS. ›
- The National Dialogue Quartet in Tunisia won the 2015 Nobel Peace Prize for its role in building a democracy there. ›