1. First and foremost, Sandy taught us the importance of breakfast, especially bagels.
2. He gave Ryan Atwood a home when his family abandoned him.
He didn’t want to steal the car. IT’S ALL TREY’S FAULT.
3. He spoke the lingo, and he was the coolest dad because of it.
4. Because of Sandy, Ryan and Seth formed the bromance we all knew and loved.
Don’t salt his game, Kiki.
7. In addition to being the best dad, he was also the cutest husband.
8. Remember that time he threw Kiki a surprise party and dedicated a song to her? Adorbs.
9. Sandy knew how bad Kirsten was at cooking, and he did the household a favor by taking over kitchen duties.
But really all they did was order Chinese food.
14. Let’s face it, Sandy revealed the dirty truth.
18. He also always stood up to Caleb, which basically made him the hero of the O.C.
20. He even made the Newpsies feel uncomfortable in the best way possible.
Sarcasm at its best.
21. Sandy and Seth had the kind of father-son relationship you’ve always wanted.
Keeping the humor alive in every situation.
22. You could always depend on Mr. Cohen for a laugh.
23. When everyone else was going through a tough time, he did what he could to help mend their issues.
24. Like that time he helped Jimmy Cooper avoid jail time.
Even though he deserved it.
25. The time he gave Trey a place to stay, despite his rocky past.
Classic Sandy move.
26. And when he set up an intervention for Kirsten so she could overcome her alcohol addiction.
27. He even convinced Volcheck to turn himself in after killing Marissa.
10 points for Sandy Cohen.
29. And he loved his family unconditionally.
30. Last but not least, the reason Sandy Cohen was the best…
- Doctors Without Borders is demanding an independent fact-finding mission into the deadly U.S. bombing on its Afghan hospital. ›
- The European Union is now using naval vessels in the Mediterranean to intercept boats that are smuggling refugees and migrants to Europe. ›
- Tomas Lindahl, Paul Modrich, and Aziz Sancar have won the Nobel Prize in chemistry for figuring out how cells repair DNA. ›