1. First and foremost, Sandy taught us the importance of breakfast, especially bagels.
2. He gave Ryan Atwood a home when his family abandoned him.
He didn’t want to steal the car. IT’S ALL TREY’S FAULT.
3. He spoke the lingo, and he was the coolest dad because of it.
4. Because of Sandy, Ryan and Seth formed the bromance we all knew and loved.
Don’t salt his game, Kiki.
6. And he gave some pretty great advice.
7. In addition to being the best dad, he was also the cutest husband.
8. Remember that time he threw Kiki a surprise party and dedicated a song to her? Adorbs.
9. Sandy knew how bad Kirsten was at cooking, and he did the household a favor by taking over kitchen duties.
But really all they did was order Chinese food.
10. Their relationship made you believe in love.
14. Let’s face it, Sandy revealed the dirty truth.
15. No matter how much it embarrassed his son.
18. He also always stood up to Caleb, which basically made him the hero of the O.C.
20. He even made the Newpsies feel uncomfortable in the best way possible.
Sarcasm at its best.
21. Sandy and Seth had the kind of father-son relationship you’ve always wanted.
Keeping the humor alive in every situation.
22. You could always depend on Mr. Cohen for a laugh.
23. When everyone else was going through a tough time, he did what he could to help mend their issues.
24. Like that time he helped Jimmy Cooper avoid jail time.
Even though he deserved it.
25. The time he gave Trey a place to stay, despite his rocky past.
Classic Sandy move.
26. And when he set up an intervention for Kirsten so she could overcome her alcohol addiction.
27. He even convinced Volcheck to turn himself in after killing Marissa.
10 points for Sandy Cohen.
28. He was the dad that always believed in the kids.
29. And he loved his family unconditionally.
30. Last but not least, the reason Sandy Cohen was the best…
- Illinois' attorney general has asked the U.S. Department of Justice's Civil Rights Division to investigate Chicago's police department. ›
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg says he'll give away 99% of his Facebook shares (worth $45 billion today) over the course of his life. ›
- And a Turkish court had to call in experts to determine whether a man comparing the country's president to Gollum from "Lord of the Rings" was an insult. ›