Step your sundae game up with these next-level bowls.
1. Turn an orange peel into an ice cream bowl.
3. Make a chocolate chip bowl with a muffin tin.
4. Use an apple to make an edible sundae bowl.
Full directions here.
Instead of plain ol’ vanilla, try something summery and new. If you have an ice cream maker consider it an obligation to try all of these.
7. Rhubarb and Strawberry Ripple Frozen Yogurt
So light and refreshing. Recipe here.
9. Caramel Hazelnut Gelato
Perfect for all those rich, decadent toppings. Recipe here.
12. Toasted Marshmallow Coconut Milk Ice Cream
Skip the s’mores and make this instead. Recipe here.
Hot fudge is great, but don’t you want to try something new? Something exciting?
14. Chocolate Nutella Sauce
Because the only way chocolate sauce could be any better is by adding Nutella. Recipe here.
15. Olive Oil
Yeah, yeah, I know this sounds crazy, but apparently it’s really good on vanilla or chocolate ice cream with lemon zest and sea salt.
The honey gets really chewy when you put it on cold ice cream. It would be nice with some roasted fruit and nuts.
17. Ginger Syrup
Ice cream + ginger syrup + curry powder is kinda mind blowing. Recipe here.
Because if you’re going to eat ice cream with lots of fudge you need to have something kinda healthy, right?
19. Brandied Cherries
Go ahead, sneak some booze into your sundae if you want. Directions here.
22. Roasted Concord Grapes
These just look so pretty. Recipe here.
23. Grilled Pineapple
Melty ice cream and warm pineapple is probably, definitely the best thing ever. Recipe here.
Sundaes are all about texture. Step up your game with these awesome toppings.
24. Doughnut Chips
Important life advice: if you can sneak doughnuts into whatever you’re eating, do it. Recipe here.
25. Maple Candied Bacon
Ice cream + bacon + hot fudge + caramel sauce is something to behold. Recipe here.
26. Caramel Popcorn
Popcorn will add a nice crunch to your sundae without bogging it down. Recipe here.
27. Honey Roasted Pistachios
It’s chewy, it’s crunchy, it’s sweet, it’s PERFECT. Recipe here.
28. Thin Mint Cookies
Crush thin mints and put it in your ice cream. Trust me.
29. Olive Oil Granola.
Yogurt and granola is decidedly the best breakfast ever, so turn it into dessert with ice cream? Recipe here.
If you don’t trust yourself to find the right combination of all of those crazy options, we can’t blame you. Here are some ideas.
31. Roast Cherry and Dark Chocolate Brownie Sundae
BROWNIES. Recipe here.
32. Cajeta Ice Cream Sundae with Agave Maple Bacon Syrup and Banana Chips
SO MUCH ICE CREAM. Recipe here.
33. Bacon Sundae with Chocolate Covered Potato Chips
GET IN MA BELLY. Recipe here.
35. Ice Cream Sundae with Caramel Bourbon Sauce
37. Grilled Watermelon Sundae with Honey and Lime Syrup
This IS summer. Recipe here.
38. Apple Pie Sundae with Cheddar Crust Bites
Just because its hot out doesn’t mean you can’t eat apple pie. Recipe here.
- Senate Democrats have secured enough votes to uphold the Iran nuclear deal when Congress votes on it later this month. ›
- A new study says there are 3 trillion trees on Earth — much more than previously thought. But we're losing them fast 🌳 ›
- The U.S. Army says it's removing restrictions on women attending Ranger School. Two soldiers became the first women to graduate from the school last month. ›