Look, no one should really cook eggs in a microwave if there’s a stove nearby. Because they’re just not going to taste as good. (And cooking eggs using traditional methods, repeatedly, will make you a better, cleaner, and faster cook.) But microwave eggs happen. Maybe because you live in a dorm room, or maybe you want to poach an egg in your office’s kitchen and add it the leftovers you brought for lunch. There are ways. Know that all microwaves are different and it is important to be patient while testing to see what works best. Also — eggs cook fast, especially in a microwave, so keep an eye on them while they cook.
1. Two-Minute Microwave Scrambled Eggs With Cheese
Scrambled eggs are arguably the easiest egg dish to make in the microwave. This recipe takes only two minutes to make.
3. Eggs Florentine
This recipe includes a different technique for microwave poaching that starts with boiling water. It also includes a link for how to make hollandaise sauce in the microwave. Recipe here, with poaching instructions here.
4. One-Minute Coffee-Cup Quiche
In lieu of a crust, this recipe suggests you tear up part of a bagel and stir it in the egg mixture. Recipe on The Saint Louis Post.
5. Microwave Egg White and Spinach Breakfast Sandwich
Put egg whites and spinach in the microwave for a minute and a half and you’re ready to go. Recipe here.
6. Breakfast Tostada
Put microwave scrambled eggs to good use. Recipe here.
7. Omelette With Sausage, Mushrooms, Tomatoes, and Cheese
Made in a pie pan. Recipe here.
8. “Baked” Eggs With Turkey, Cheese, and Spinach
These “baked” eggs are really just eggs on top of turkey, cheese, and spinach. Find the recipe here.
9. Green Onion and Egg Sandwich
When adding fresh vegetables to microwave egg dishes, you need to cook them first. This recipe uses fresh green onion. Recipe here.
10. Scrambled Egg Whites with Cheese, Broccoli, and Ham
11. Vegetable Frittata
Throw any vegetables you have in this frittata. Recipe here.
- Thai police have issued two new arrest warrants as the search widens for the suspects behind Bangkok's deadly shrine bombing. ›
- Wes Craven, who directed "Scream" and "A Nightmare on Elm Street," has died of brain cancer. He was 76. ›
- For the first time in history, there are three major hurricanes in the Pacific east of the International Dateline at the same time. ›