WHAT’S IN SEASON
(This will vary depending on time of the month and where you live).
- Green Garlic
- Dandelion Greens
- Bok Choy
- Spring Onions
1. Snap Pea Salad with Burrata
Fresh, crunchy snap peas and creamy burrata cheese make a great team. Recipe on Bon Appétit.
2. Cheeseburgers with Sautéed Mushrooms, Arugula and Dijon Aioli
Leave the burger patty plain and go crazy with toppings. Recipe here.
3. Cinnamon Sugar Radish Chips
Dip these in vanilla yogurt for a little spicy-sweet slice of heaven. Recipe here.
4. Breakfast Polenta with Ramps
Eat as many ramps as you can before they’re gone for the season! Recipe here.
5. Roasted Pork Belly with Gingery Rhubarb Compote
Tart rhubarb is perfect to brighten up fatty meats. Recipe on Bon Appétit.
6. Spring Kale Panzanella Salad
The best thing to do with stale bread. Recipe on Love & Lemons.
7. Baked Buttermilk Doughnuts with a Strawberry Rhubarb Brown Butter Glaze
But really, how good do these look?! Recipe here.
8. Stinging Nettle, Kale, and Green Garlic Soup
Take the sting out of nettles by pureeing them for a soup. Recipe here.
9. Chocolate Chip Caramel Stuffed Cookies
A cookie that defies all seasons. Recipe here.
10. Avocado, Mozzarella, and Jalapeño Chimichurri Grilled Cheese
This would also make an awesome quesadilla. Recipe here.
11. Fiddlehead Fern and Pomelo Salad
You could use oranges or grapefruits instead of pomelo. Recipe here.
12. Ramp Biscuits
Another way to enjoy ramps! Recipe here.
13. Ricotta Pizza with Prosciutto and Fresh Pea Salad
Ricotta is the perfect cheese to balance out lots of fresh veggies. Recipe here.
14. Toasted Marshmallow Coconut Milk Ice Cream
Summer is coming. Recipe here.
15. Chipotle Shrimp Quinoa Bowls
Sometimes the best thing to do is just throw delicious things in a bowl. Recipe here.
17. Grilled Spring Onions with Romesco
When in doubt, grill everything. Recipe here.
18. Herb-Roasted Salmon with Fingerling Potatoes
A great and easy weeknight meal. Recipe here.
19. Radish Butter Tartines with Watercress
What a classy lookin’ snack, huh? Recipe here.
20. Spring Minestrone with Chicken Meatballs
Recipe on Bon Appétit.
22. Chicken Carne Asada Tacos
Complete with onion, avocado, and Cotija cheese. Recipe here.
23. Quiche Lorraine with Gruyere and Bacon
National Quiche Lorraine Day is on the 20th this month. Eat accordingly. Recipe here.
24. The Ultimate Breakfast Sandwich
This sandwich consists of the following: Cheesy garlic toast, truffled greens, fried egg, pepper jack cheese, Sriracha and brown sugar bacon. Any questions? Recipe here.
25. Shaved Asparagus Salad with Poached Egg
Shaved asparagus looks super elegant but is so easy to make. Recipe here.
27. Maple Brown Derby Popsicles
You’ll need this recipe if it starts to get hot. BONUS: These have booze in them. Recipe here.
28. Pasta Carbonara with Leeks and Bacon
Recipe on Alexandra’s Kitchen.
29. Grilled Artichokes with Basil Aioli
Great side dish or appetizer. Recipe here.
30. Roasted Cod with Pistachio Pesto, Carrots, and Arugula
Find the recipe on Five and Spice.