Amsterdam Fashion Week happened this past week and while it’s not one of the major fashion cities, it still boasts a unique clothing culture of its own. Here are some of the highlights.
2. Rebecca Ward
Why it’s important: Because a dress embellished with what looks like giant fake eyelashes is always noteworthy. And I’ve been looking for a pair of pants that can give me that awesome thigh-chafing sensation I could only previously find in skirts and dresses.
3. 2Love TonyCohen
Why it’s important: It mixes sheer paneling, florals, and metallics without looking like a bad Christina Aguilera tour costume.
4. Alla Kuzmyk
Why it’s important: Because you want to go camping but none of the sleeping bags are chic enough, dammit!
5. Dido Yland
Why it’s important: Because it allows you to dress like an androgynous anime character without being culturally offensive.
6. Sis by Spijkers & Spijkers
Why it’s important: Because even though it’s basically a quirkier version of Dries Van Noten’s spring/summer 2013 collection, it’s still cute enough in its own right.
7. Jose Francisco Ramos
Why it’s important: Because men also have days where they want a baggier fit to hide imperfections like tummy pooch and limbs.
8. Individuals by AMFI
Why it’s important: Because it makes dressing like you’re the unlucky lead in a slasher flick seem appealing. Also, it will make a great addition to menstrual fashion blog Period Clothes.
9. Grazia presents Winde Rienstra
Why it’s important: Because the look on the right might be representative of an origami uterus and it might not. Either way, they’re all structurally very impressive.
10. Allan Vos
Why it’s important: Because the outfit on the far left is what a sexy modern day Jafar from Aladdin would wear. The others are possibly gratuitous.
12. This collection calls for an extra set of pictures.
Does this collection not scream Katy Perry/Lady Gaga mashup to you? Wait, maybe that’s just Nicki Minaj?!
13. Go here for more amazing Amsterdam Fashion Week collections.
- The top U.S. commander in Afghanistan called the hospital bombing that killed 22 people "a mistake." ›
- Historic flooding has killed 16 people in South Carolina, where rain finally stopped falling on Tuesday. ›
- Takaaki Kajita and Arthur McDonald won the Nobel Prize in physics for their discovery that neutrinos have mass. ›