1. She has “changed Marie Claire’s world,” so the magazine’s new cover proudly pronounces.
Styled in a gown similar to the custom Erdem piece she wore to this year’s Met Gala, Dunham looks a little surprised by the accolade.
2. Here she is showing off her tattoos and meticulously constructed-to-look-unconstructed shaggy pixie cut.
Oooh and a big fluffy sweater!
3. She also wears florals.
And a lot of eyeshadow.
4. And posed on a dilapidated street corner that the bookings team definitely chose because it’s so “Brooklyn,” right?
“We’re looking for quintessential Brooklyn grime. You know, abandoned buildings, trashy sidewalks, maybe a few rats. Do you think we can get rats for this thing?”
5. For more of Dunham’s Marie Claire shoot, click here.
- The U.S. government is investigating possible unlawful coordination by some airlines to keep prices high ✈️
- U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry will travel to Cuba later this summer for the opening of a U.S. embassy there.
- Mozambique implemented a new criminal code that removes a colonial-era law criminalizing homosexuality.