1. The Los Angeles Department of Building and Safety banned this ad for being “obscene.”
According to Variety, “It was not immediately clear whether a city org formally rejected Lifetime’s efforts to erect billboards with the racy image, or whether the cabler ran into roadblocks with private sellers of outdoor advertising space.”
2. What IS immediately clear: a lot of photoshopping went into these ads.
Here’s a behind-the-scenes shot from Heidi’s Twitter feed. 1. How much do she and Tim Gunn totally hate each other after 12 seasons of this? And 2. Was the nudist colony photoshopped into the images after she and Tim were photographed? Or did the photo crew just not leave them to fester cold and naked on the floor while the shot was being set up?
3. This Billboard should be displayed in other cities like New York.
4. Meanwhile, this billboard has run in L.A.
Just some side butt and foreplay. NBD.
We've got your WKND covered.
- California Republican Kevin McCarthy has dropped out of the race to be the next speaker of the U.S. House. ›
- The United Nations has proposed a national unity government for Libya after peace talks between the north African country's two rival factions. ›
- Walter Scott's family has reached a $6.5 million settlement with North Charleston, S.C., where the unarmed black man was fatally shot by an officer in April. ›