1. According to a new survey, women and men are overwhelmingly not into the waif-y runway model look.
The findings, from the survey of 2,000 people conducted by the Gym Group:
First, the Men:
• 33% of men say defined abs are “the most attractive attribute in a woman.”
• 25% of men are into a “voluptuous bottom.”
• And 11% of men say the most attractive thing about a woman is “firm thighs.”
And the Women:
• 51% of women questioned said they want athletic bodies.
• 10% of women want waif-ish frames and “chiseled cheekbones.”
Let’s bear in mind the survey was conducted by “the Gym Group,” which is a chain of gyms, so they’re obviously using this survey as an advertisement for their services. But it’s still a jumping-off point for an interesting question:
Let’s say it’s true (and it could be!) that women don’t want to be runway-skinny and that men aren’t most attracted to women who are runway-skinny. So then if women don’t want to look like waifs, and if men aren’t attracted to waifs, why are runway models — and Victoria’s Secret fashion show models, I don’t care how “curvy” I’m supposed to think they are — all waifs?
Please share your contemplations in comments.
We've got your WKND covered.
- About 6,500 refugees have reached Austria. Austria and Germany said on Friday that stranded refugees in Hungary could cross their borders. ›
- Rowan County, Kentucky, issued several marriage licenses, but their validity is being questioned because jailed clerk Kim Davis's name isn't on them. ›
- U.S. Vice President Joe Biden said he isn't sure he has the "emotional energy" to run for president. ›