DIY doesn’t just exist in some Pinterest ghetto for fashion snobs to scoff at. It’s gone high fashion: Fendi, one of the world’s most high-end and expensive labels, is now selling a special DIY baguette kit. This means for $1,430 you get a plain baguette purse in a box with string and needles so that you can embellish the bag with your own needlepoint design. Like “I <3 cats” or whatever the hell you want! This makes perfect sense for the evolution of the Fendi brand since a lot of their famous baguettes look like craft projects anyway.
3. Denim baguette with beading detail, $2,170:
4. Vintage baguette with purple wool thread and tobacco-colored accent beads, $1,140
5. Embroidered baguette with mirrors and toilet paper-like accents, $3,900:
6. Embroidered baguette with metal sequins, leather mirror discs, wool fringe, PVC, glitter and crystal appliqués, $3,410:
See? Why buy when you can DIY? And though Fendi doesn’t include yarn fringe in its little kit you can probably just make that yourself or buy it at a craft store. Or just cut it off a mop.
- Justice Antonin Scalia, the conservative heart of the U.S. Supreme Court for more than a decade, has died. He was 79.
- Scalia was the current court's longest-serving justice, having been nominated in 1986 by President Ronald Reagan.
- Republicans are extremely unlikely to confirm anyone that President Obama nominates in the final months of his second term.