1. After the Victoria’s Secret’s fashion show casting director said she “would never use” Kate Upton in the show, here she is on the back cover of a new Victoria’s Secret catalog.
That casting director, Sophia Neophitou, called Upton’s look “too obvious,” whatever that means. Well, maybe her recent Vogue cover has caused the VS casting lords to rethink their model lineup because here’s Upton in all her obviousness not just in the catalog but on the back cover no less. Who’s Captain Obvious now, eh, VS?
2. Despite that slam, Upton has previously appeared in the catalog. Here she is modeling PJs in 2011.
Casting for the catalog and fashion show are seen as two very different things to the fashion community. There’s a lot of cross-over but it’s not a fully symbiotic relationship.
- Game on: the Denver Broncos are playing the Carolina Panthers in the Super Bowl 50. We're bringing you the play-by-play 🏈🙌
- U.S. Republican presidential candidates debated in New Hampshire ahead of Tuesday's primary, and Sen. Marco Rubio malfunctioned 🇺🇸
- BuzzFeed News has identified a second member of the ISIS execution cell led by "Jihadi John."