1. After the Victoria’s Secret’s fashion show casting director said she “would never use” Kate Upton in the show, here she is on the back cover of a new Victoria’s Secret catalog.
That casting director, Sophia Neophitou, called Upton’s look “too obvious,” whatever that means. Well, maybe her recent Vogue cover has caused the VS casting lords to rethink their model lineup because here’s Upton in all her obviousness not just in the catalog but on the back cover no less. Who’s Captain Obvious now, eh, VS?
2. Despite that slam, Upton has previously appeared in the catalog. Here she is modeling PJs in 2011.
Casting for the catalog and fashion show are seen as two very different things to the fashion community. There’s a lot of cross-over but it’s not a fully symbiotic relationship.
3. When these photos were taken she had to be around 18 or 19.
This was before she became a big deal via Sports Illustrated’s swimsuit issue, her first cover for which dropped in 2012.
4. The VS fashion show casting director can talk as much smack as she wants, but Upton clearly had the “just casually regarding the hem of this animal print” pose down pat.
5. To say nothing of her, “Can you see my belly button now?” pose.
Does she look a little like Taylor Swift in the face to anyone else here?
6. Like any good multi-faceted model, she also gave her all to some bras in those early years. Yellow bras:
10. And she wouldn’t be a proper lingerie model without mastering the, “I’m cold, can I have my shirt back now?” glare.
We've got your WKND covered.
- A Guatemalan judge ordered former President Otto Perez Molina held in jail overnight while hearings over the corruption scandal that led to his resignation take place. ›
- Prosecutors will seek the death penalty for Dylann Roof, accused of killing nine people in a Charleston church in June. ›
- The Justice Dept. has tightened rules on cell phone tracking, forcing federal agencies to get a warrant. ›