1. Guests attending the Prada show at Milan Fashion Week arrived to find these people splayed out on the wet pavement, in the cold, as fat wet snow fell all over them.
“La vostra moda, la loro morte” translates to, “your fashion, their death.”
The protesters appear to be wearing the shirts that say “Nemesi Animale,” the name of a very pro-vegan Italian animal rights activist group.
3. The collection incorporated fur for bulbous sleeve cuffs and entire coats.
4. Other pieces were made from leather and what looks like quite a lot of croc.
5. The protestors acting out their own death on the ground were rather tame compared to this guy, who stormed Prada’s runway in 2007.
6. Or this woman, who made her way onto the runway at the Just Cavalli show, which took place shortly after Prada.
Meanwhile at New York Fashion Week, which recently ended, the most-hyped protest was against not fur, but unpaid internships.
We've got your WKND covered.
- Rowan County, Kentucky, issued several marriage licenses today, but their validity is being questioned because jailed clerk Kim Davis's name isn't on them. ›
- After mounting pressure from other European countries, Britain will accept thousands more refugees from UN camps bordering Syria. ›
- U.S. Vice President Joe Biden said he isn't sure he has the "emotional energy" to run for president. ›