1. “[I]t sounds a bit bizarre, but I am so grateful for what did happen. I have learned so much about myself. I have re-discovered that little boy who had the hunger to create, which I think I had lost. I am alive.”
2. “I lived in a bubble. I would be backstage and there would be a queue of five people to help me. One person would have a cigarette for me. The next person would have the lighter. “
3. “I did not know how to use the A.T.M.”
4. “Not having washed (after losing days to drinking), I’d be covered in sores and humiliated.”
5. “I had the tremors. I wouldn’t sleep for five days. I would go to bookstores and get some self-help books, but I was in denial. I’d throw myself back into the gym. I’d be careful about what I ate. And, of course, the whole cycle would start again.”
6. “My assistant told me about the video. When I saw it, I threw up. The feeling was like I was about to take a step out onto the street and a bus or truck whooshed past me and the blood was drained from my legs. I was paralyzed from the fear.”
7. “(Bill Gayten, acting creative director of the Galliano label) said, ‘Do you realize what you’ve fucking done?’… and I said, ‘Kind of.’ But I still didn’t…and those were the last words we shared. That’s someone I’ve known for 30 years.”
8. “Creating (Kate Moss’s) wedding dress saved me personally because it was my creative rehab. She dared me to be me again.”
Why, yes. Yes it is.
Read the full interview in the July interview of Vanity Fair and access a preview of the article online.
In The News Today
- At least one member of Ukraine's National Guard has died and about 90 people were injured after protesters clashed with police outside of Parliament in Ukraine. ›
- Lawyers for the NFL and New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady failed to reach a settlement in the deflategate case. A decision is expected by Friday. ›
- Thai police have issued two new arrest warrants as the search widens for the suspects behind Bangkok's deadly shrine bombing. ›