1. You can’t go wrong with a great-fitting black leather jacket.
2. Layer a leather jacket with button-down shirts, and cuff sleeves to reveal an arm party.
3. Layer a denim shirt under a chunky black cardigan or blazer.
5. Get a really thick, extra-chunky, oversized black sweater to wear as a coat.
6. Instead of gray or black sweaters, try mint green.
8. Wear your colorful summer pants with an oversized, chunky turtleneck.
Push up the sleeves and add a cuff bracelet if it’s not too cold out.
9. A white blazer and heels dresses up a pair of distressed jeans.
10. If you’re not into white jackets, try blush.
Jackets without lapels have nice clean lines.
13. Instead of a black leather motorcycle jacket, try one in red.
14. How simple and cute is this? Colorful jacket + tee + black pants + pumps = perfection.
15. Sick of heels? Wear sneakers with your skirts.
Totally irreverent, cool, and comfy.
16. You CANNOT go wrong with a huge hood.
This will save you in the snow.
17. Wear an oversized coat over a jacket.
Add a chunky scarf for an extra cozy look.
19. Nude flats look great with cropped pants and a simple white top.
20. Plaid pants look great with tan boots and a simple coat.
21. Flared pants look chic with a plain white blouse.
Don’t forget the half-tuck-in!
23. Just because it’s colder out, that doesn’t mean you have to ditch neon.
24. A neon sweater seems overwhelming, but looks cool and casual with boyfriend jeans.
25. Leather tops are a great alternative to sequins for day or night.
26. Pair an oversized sweater or sweatshirt with a fitted sequined skirt.
29. Wide-legged pants are pretty much universally flattering.
31. If you’re especially stain-proof, try all-white.
- Turkey's military released an audio recording of what it says were warnings to the Russian warplane before it was downed near Syria's border. ›
- Protesters marched in Chicago for the second night in a row after the release of a video showing the police shooting of black teen Laquan McDonald. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›