1. The business is full of eccentric characters who don’t seem to have any sense of what they themselves are actually like.
2. Everyone who sits in the front row looks like they’re in a fight/miserable.
Yes, everyone complains about fashion week but! Do you know how many people would LOVE for this to be their job? This ugh I have this incredibly fun job, I’m going to act so annoyed by it attitude gets really old sometimes.
3. Every honest critique of some clothes might result in a ban threat.
Like this famous rant that Saint Laurent designer Hedi Slimane posted to his Twitter feed since he didn’t like New York Times critic Cathy Horyn reviewing his collections.
4. Because baked goods really deserve to be served in full-size.
Jay Manuel can hardly contain his shock at discovering these legit cakes instead of Hershey’s Kiss–sized cupcakes served at most fashion parties in the interest of saving people the embarrassment of publicly consuming substantial food.
5. Because no one could have stopped Rihanna from designing/wearing these pants.
6. Because denim diapers are going to happen regardless of what’s on anyone’s runway.
For as long as Nasty Gal’s around, at least.
8. Because there’s nothing wrong with admitting that yellow couture onesies are really very silly.
9. Because Reddit’s “Fashion Pictures that Make You Want to Punch People in the Face” thread is too much fun to go ignored.
10. Because things like harem pants and leather bandannas were just never meant to be taken seriously.
11. Because this came down the runway at a fashion show.
By the genius label Sibling.
12. Because Kanye West wearing women’s Celine with chunky statement necklaces is just funny.
13. Because Anna Dello Russo made the music video “Fashion Shower.”
And this didn’t seem to be the industry’s prevailing attitude about it.
15. Also, Zoolander was actually right about stuff.
Like Derelicte? That totally became a thing.
18. And you know, if we took fashion a little less seriously, people might understand that everyone deserves to wear proper shoes/clothes to fashion week following a blizzard.
And not feel like the only way they’ll be remotely worth existing the shows is if they dress for summer in 20 degree weather.
19. Also, wearing full-on pajamas around in the world, as in out of the house, is a hot trend.
And you have to just laugh at that because it is so great and self-serving, if you think about it.
20. Also, it’s hard to take fashion too seriously when one of the best fashion magazines around is called Dazed & Confused.
21. Also, you know it’s time to lighten up about fashion now that Karl Lagerfeld’s cat has become one of the business’s most famous creatures.
Seriously, this cat is more famous than most models.