1. She can wear a toilet seat guard around her face and make it look good.
This is the May 2013 issue of W.
2. She can spend a day sleeping in the MOMA as part of a performance artwork and it’s cool instead of eye roll-y.
Titled “The Maybe,” the piece just involves Tilda randomly spending a day here and there sleeping in a glass box at the Museum of Modern Art. It makes so much sense because she’s not a social media whore, and one of her best looks is pajamas.
3. She can wear her pajamas on a red carpet and look better than anyone else there.
4. Also, she can wear all-white without looking like she broke out of a mental ward.
This jumpsuit is totally strange and she just owns it.
5. She never wears makeup and never looks like she needs it.
She also really, truly makes the best case for being pale this side of a Kardashian.
6. When she does wear color, it’s pretty much not color.
Color needs her more than she needs color.
7. She can wear Chanel and make it look like it’s not Chanel.
Which is to say: she can wear brand new Chanel and make it not look at ALL tacky.
8. Karl Lagerfeld has to purse his lips extra hard when he poses with her just to hide how much he’s fangirling inside.
9. She holds hands with coolest designer ever Haider Ackermann.
10. And wears his clothes to fancy art exhibit openings like they’re just pajamas or something.
Which they’re most definitely NOT — this outfit is surely like 12 times your rent, easy.
11. Franca Sozzani wants to be part of Tilda’s “Lean In” circle — and not the other way around.
The two giggle it out on the front row of a Lanvin show last year.
12. She’s one of the few actresses than can pose like a high fashion model.
Can you see Anne Hathaway or Jennifer Lawrence pulling this off? No. No, you cannot.
13. She reacts appropriately when asked to wear completely absurd pieces of jewelry.
15. And she wears all hell out of a pantsuit.
16. Even shapeless bedsheets with sleeves just look so right/chic on Tilda.
17. And even though she wears so many all-white looks, she’s never stained.
And she never carries a purse so you know it’s not bleach pen wizardry either.
18. She almost never wears flashy jewelry, but when she does it looks like it belongs.
Instead of looking like she’s trying really hard to show off the diamonds she borrowed.
19. In fact, even when she looks kind of bad, she just looks amazing.
No one else would make ANY sense of these pants, that’s for sure.
20. And even when she looks a bit of a mess, it just works somehow.
Because she’s Tilda Swinton and she rules at everything involving wearing clothes/existing.
- Chicago police chief Garry McCarthy has resigned after backlash from the police shooting death of Laquan McDonald. ›
- It's World AIDS Day — 35 million people have died from AIDS-related conditions, and more than 34 million people are living with the disease. ›
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg says he'll give away 99% of his Facebook shares (worth $45 billion today) over the course of his life. ›