Roberto Cavalli with his dog at Milan Fashion Week in February.
Here’s why Roberto Cavalli is absolutely genius and wildly entertaining on the Internet.
1. He tweets the same thing over and over again, but just changes the photo.
“IF YOU LIKE TO KNOW ABOUT ME” is most definitely his Twitter catch phrase.
2. He tweets lots of photos of himself sitting on leopard-print furniture.
IF YOU LIKE TO KNOW ABOUT ROBERTO… He is so rich/fabulous he outfits the deck of his yacht with upholstered leopard couches.
His dog Lupo (translates to “wolf”) frequently guest stars in Roberto’s social media.
3. He treats his dog as an equal/offspring.
4. He’s just like us: sometimes insecure.
5. He’s just like us: he tweets about going to graduations.
Here he is with his wife and son.
6. Like any embarrassing dad just getting to know the web, he blogged about “our fragile and excited bambino now grown into a man!”
7. He fears not his own emotions.
8. He pillow talks to his followers.
9. His English writing is shamelessly, undeniably — and DELIGHTFULLY — Italian.
10. He is not afraid to humbly blog about when he hasn’t been doing his best work.
For your reference, this is the Just Cavalli line to which he refers:
11. He decorates his Facebook page with avant garde images of animals wearing clothing.
12. He understands well the art of suspense.
Which not nearly enough bloggers use this effectively in posts.
13. He signs his blog posts “I LOVE YOU.”
And then adds a hand-written signature.
14. He ends blog posts with annotated maps of the places he’s described.
We've got your WKND covered.
- Tunisia's president declared a state of emergency a week after a deadly terror attack on a beach hotel.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- One person was killed and two others were seriously injured Friday when an air medical transport helicopter crashed in Colorado.