2. Celtic Queen Tilda fronts the new campaign for Chanel’s Métiers d’Art collection.
Shot by Karl Lagerfeld at a grand, old and tapestry-laden chateau, Swinton wears pieces from the label’s “Paris-Edimbourg” Métiers d’Art line. (The show’s title refers to the mix of Parisian chic and chunky tartans.) Chanel presented the high-end collection to the fashion world’s finest last December at Linlithgow Palace in Scotland — paying tribute to the country’s artisan tweed and knitwear industries. It snowed lightly while the show walked, because Karl can control the weather when he so chooses.
On his choice of model, Lagerfeld explained: “Tilda perfectly embodies the Paris-Edimbourg collection… She is of course Scottish, but more than that, she is a modern woman, a timeless icon of elegance.” She’s Tilda Swinton, basically.
8. Chanel also released a series of behind-the-scenes photos from Tilda’s shoot earlier this month:
We've got your WKND covered.
- 26 people, thought to be refugees and migrants, were discovered in the back of a truck in Austria. ›
- Four people working for VICE News who were detained by Turkish authorities on Thursday while covering political clashes with police are set to face terrorism charges. ›
- Oliver Sacks, the famed neurologist and author, died Sunday from cancer. He was 82. ›