1. Dressed as his “alter-ego” Claire, British ceramicist and textile artist Grayson Perry attended the 2013 BAFTA awards in London last night.
2. Perry’s custom-designed gown and cape featured, well, it’s obvious what it featured really. (Look closely)
It’s a big, veiny penis — mid-ejaculation. Well-groomed, too.
3. Given the context, the only thing missing is a pearl necklace. Accessorize!
4. Morgan Levy, then a Central St. Martins student, designed the look back in 2011 as part of a collaborative project between Perry and the fashion college.
Since 2004, print students at St. Martins work on “The Grayson Perry Project” as part of their second year’s curriculum. That project involves designing pretty, frilly dresses for days when Grayson dresses up as Claire. Or, you know, dresses covered in pearly faux-semen, as you wish. (Perry then models the dresses at the students’ crit — and buys all the looks he likes.)
Perry first wore the dress back in 2011, to the Louis Vuitton-sponsored opening party of his exhibition The Tomb of the Unknown Craftsmen. Vuitton even commissioned one lucky beader to sew on all those penile crystals.
5. Just because, here’s a few more photos of Perry in St. Martins’ students work.
We've got your WKND covered.
- At least 86 people were killed in twin bomb blasts during a peace rally near the main train station in Turkey's capital. ›
- Activists are celebrating the 20th anniversary of the Million Man March at the National Mall in Washington, D.C. ›
- Elections on Sunday are widely expected to hand Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko a fifth term since 1994. ›