WILLIAMSBURG — On her latest vintage spree at the robustly stocked Atlantis Attic thrift shop, Sam Frons scored a pink silk button-up, a green Lucky Charms cereal t-shirt, two other tops, and two belly button rings (to wear in her ear cartilage) all for just $34. Elated at the deal, she gazed up and spotted the best item yet: a red Batman comics shirt suspended from the ceiling. But when she asked to add it to her purchase pile, the manager met her [plea] with flat-out rejection.
‘I offered him over $100 for it,’ said Frons, 24, who learned from an employee that the manager had a sentimental attachment to the shirt. ‘It bothered me. I think about Batman every night.’
3. “[Not getting the tee] bothered me. I think about Batman every night.”
4. Also wrong: “two belly button rings (to wear in her ear cartilage)”
We've got your WKND covered.
- Police in Athens used pepper spray on protesters two days ahead of Greece's major bailout vote.
- A medical helicopter crashed in Colorado. The crash killed the pilot and injured two crew members.
- Serena Williams survived an upset at Wimbledon and defeated current Britain's Heather Watson. She'll play her older sister Venus in the next round of the tournament ?