#omiquotes The moment a person loses appreciation for the goodness others have done for them is the moment they begin their fall. Blsd day x
1. Our sordid story of lust and betrayal* begins last July, as auditions opened for would-be contestants on new modeling reality show The Face.
*this may/may not be a slight exaggeration. Decided for yourself.
2. One of the model hopefuls: Chinese beauty queen Luo Zilin (going by Zi Lin for the show).
4. And placed fifth overall in that year’s Miss Universe competition.
5. Zi Lin showed enough model potential to make it through The Face’s pre-show audition process.
6. She probably made faces like this to convince the casting directors.
8. And she landed a coveted spot on Naomi Campbell’s team of model contestants.
10. Zi Lin performed well on the show. Case in point: these sassy dance moves.
11. And this stunning beauty shot.
12. Notably, during an interview challenge with Wendy Williams, Zi Lin refused to discuss her then-boyfriend, because he’s “famous in China.”
13. Of Naomi’s four contestants, she lasted the longest — and made the show’s grand final.
Here she is walking the finale catwalk extravaganza.
14. She was a real fan favorite. And she even got a big hug from Naomi at one point.
What more could you ask for, really?
15. Well, as it happens, you could ask for… Naomi’s boyfriend.
22. Page Six reported that Naomi and Vladimir Doronin, her Russian oligarch boyfriend of five years, were “on a break” last month.
(This is the couple in “happier” times, Vlad’s frown notwithstanding, at Cannes back in 2011.)
23. Neither party has commented on the alleged split. However, recent photos show Vlad and Zi Lin vacationing together.
They’re reportedly in Ibiza on a trip with Leonardo DiCaprio and his new model girlfriend Toni Garrn. Here they are having a nice time walking around and laughing at some rocks. “Igneous formations, hahaha.”
24. That’s fine, though, because Naomi doesn’t like rocks. Right?
25. Here they are on a superyacht.
26. But that’s also fine, because Naomi doesn’t like boats with big, noisy engines. Right?
27. And here they are lounging on bean bag chairs.
To be fair though, that’s always uncomfortable in hot weather because little pools of sweat collect in the bean bag’s wrinkles and your skin also sticks to the pleather.
29. Oh, wait, no, now they’re kissing. Straddling and kissing.
31. Or at least it was when she first read the news. Naomi recently tweeted the following:
(She’s a regular tweeter of inspirational “#omiquotes,” but it’s hard to believe this missive didn’t come with a particular subject in mind.)
33. Fellow “Team Naomi” contestant Jocelyn added:
(Incidentally, one of Zi Lin’s last tweets — made only a week before the kissy-kissy photos broke — wished Naomi a happy birthday.)
35. Naomi didn’t tweet this gif, but she should have:
36. Because of “unprofessional conduct,” Zi Lin has now been dropped by her New York agency.
MIX Models president told The Daily Mail: “[Zi Lin’s] contract with MIX Model Management NYC was terminated last week due to ongoing unprofessional conduct and unacceptable work ethic.” (Vlad remains a billionaire, so there’ll likely be fewer consequences for him.)