2. This is thespian and artist Macaulay Culkin.
(And also Matt Colbourn, Phoebe Kreutz, Deenah Vollmer, and Austin Kilham.)
3. So far The Underground only have one recording — a medley of VU and VU-related songs “recorded live at Macaulay Culkin’s house.”
4. The covers are faithful, if ramshackle, with one important exception: now all the lyrics are about pizza.
“I’m begininnnnng to eaaaat the sliiiice.”
5. They’ve only played a show or two around New York, including one at famed anti-folk stomping ground Sidewalk Cafe.
From the review:
“With one of the five members on guitar and the rest of the band on forms of percussion (including pizza box – clean), the sunglasses-adorned band belted out a medley of VU material…”
6. This is what band practice in Macaulay Culkin’s living room looks like.
7. Important hospitality rider info if you’re considering booking the band:
8. In summation: “Macaulay Culkin: child actor”
- California Republican Kevin McCarthy has dropped out of the race to be the next speaker of the U.S. House. ›
- FIFA has suspended its president Sepp Blatter, secretary general Jerome Valcke, and vice-president Michel Platini for 90 days. ›
- It could take more than a year for Volkswagen to fix all its cars with diesel engines rigged to evade emissions tests, the company's U.S. CEO said. ›