1. Make a list of duties.
In addition to the obvious ones, there’s delivering the fee to the wedding officiant, signing the marriage license and much more. Check out this Real Simple checklist for a comprehensive list.
2. Make sure your suit actually fits.
The groom may choose the suit style and tie color, but not looking like a baggy mess is on you.
5. Wear the best boutineer ever.
6. If you’re booking hotel rooms for the bachelor party, haggle.
Saving all the groomsmen cash with a group rate or wrangling some upgrades is a good look. Here are some booking tips.
7. Or, just use Airbnb or HomeAway.
It’ll usually be cheaper and it’s a nice antidote to the cliche “suite at the Palms” style bro blowout.
8. On the wedding day, come prepared.
Everyone else will either be too nervous or too wasted to think about maybe needing sewing supplies or Advil. Instant stain remover also essential.
9. Don’t trust the ring bearer.
Cute? Sure. To be trusted with 2398723 carats? Nope. Give ‘em a knockoff and keep the real rock in your pocket.
10. Do not prance, cartwheel or moonwalk down the aisle.
This day isn’t about you, buddy.
11. Keep your toast to a few short remarks and drop the mic.
There’s nothing worse than a long rambling speech. Also important: don’t try to be funny if you’re not. IT WILL NOT END WELL.
12. Don’t read from prepared remarks.
It’s better to just speak from your heart if you get lost. People respond to realness, even if you flounder a bit.
13. For more speech advice, try Reddit.
Yes, really. There are a lot of surprisingly helpful tips in this thread. And only one finger bang reference.
14. Once the real party starts, have taxi service information ready.
For… overly enthusiastic guests.
15. Don’t forget to dance with moms.
You should be the party glue.
16. If you’re going to decorate the wedding car, keep it simple.
- The U.S. and Cuba have agreed to open embassies in Washington and Havana as they restore diplomatic ties after more than 50 years.
- Greece has become the first developed country to miss a debt payment to the International Monetary Fund.
- The U.S. has defeated Germany 2-0 in the Women's World Cup semis. Team USA will play Japan or England in the final ⚽️