Before we get started on this blast from the past, let’s pop in some hot tunes from our era.
1. We didn’t have new-fangled smartphones, so you’d have to create programs on your TI-83 to help you cheat in school.
2. There was no Wi-Fi either, so if your buddy wanted to get your games, you had to find a link cable.
Just like The Matrix.
3. Hooking this device to your portable CD player would play it in the car:
4. If the TV was on the fritz, you could pinch the antenna to boost the signal with your natural human energy.
5. Back in the day, when you wanted to listen to your CD player with a friend, you set it down on the table and turned it up.
6. If your VHS tape was unwinding, you used a spoon to twist it back in.
7. Video games were pretty confusing, so you’d buy a giant strategy guide to help you beat it.
8. There wasn’t any online gaming, so you would put your NES in your backpack and hook it to the TVs at school.
9. When the game cut out, you were the only one who knew how to fix it. It was some variation of this:
10. If your boombox was out of juice, all you needed to do was tap two dead batteries together to get an extra 45 seconds.
Some batteries even had the button you’d press to see how charged up they were.
Upgrade your life with Aereo and put your TV equipment where it belongs: in the cloud. Try it out for a month. Free.
Data rates may apply. No long-term commitment. Cancel anytime in the first month to avoid billing. Aereo is available in very limited markets. Users may only use Aereo in their home market. Compatible device required. Subject to capacity. Consumer creates a recording when viewing live to enable pause, fast forward, and rewind. See Aereo.com for details.