1. Sergio Romo is the closer for the San Francisco Giants — a fiery guy, who wears his heart on his sleeve.
2. He received a lot of attention for wearing an “I just look illegal,” T-shirt during the team’s championship parade last year as commentary on the hot topic of immigration.
Romo, whose father is the son of Mexican migrant farmworkers, was raised in the border town of Brawley, Calif.
Jose Antonio Vargas
You cannot tell who looks “illegal.” No human being is illegal. Thank u, @SergioRomo54. #GoGiants @DefineAmerican
4. Now he’s teamed up with Three Twins Ice Cream for Sergio Romo’s Mexican Chocolate: “It only tastes illegal.”
5. The Three Twins Ice Cream Facebook page was hilarious about it.
In the comments, the company said that it doesn’t think it’ll be able to sell the ice cream at Giants games because it’s not affiliated with the team. But both fans and ice cream aficionados alike were pumped about the flavor and the commentary.
- Two bomb attacks in Nigeria's central city of Jos killed at least 44 people.
- Greek Finance Minister Yanis Varoufakis has resigned following an overwhelming "no" vote on new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds. The country's future in the eurozone is uncertain.
- The U.S. defeated Japan 5-2 in Vancouver in the final match of the FIFA Women's World Cup. It was the highest scoring final in the history of the tournament ⚽️