1. Sergio Romo is the closer for the San Francisco Giants — a fiery guy, who wears his heart on his sleeve.
2. He received a lot of attention for wearing an “I just look illegal,” T-shirt during the team’s championship parade last year as commentary on the hot topic of immigration.
Romo, whose father is the son of Mexican migrant farmworkers, was raised in the border town of Brawley, Calif.
Jose Antonio Vargas
You cannot tell who looks “illegal.” No human being is illegal. Thank u, @SergioRomo54. #GoGiants @DefineAmerican
5. The Three Twins Ice Cream Facebook page was hilarious about it.
In the comments, the company said that it doesn’t think it’ll be able to sell the ice cream at Giants games because it’s not affiliated with the team. But both fans and ice cream aficionados alike were pumped about the flavor and the commentary.
- Former Virginia Gov. Jim Gilmore is dropping out of the race for the Republican presidential nomination. He got 133 votes in New Hampshire.
- MLB issued its first-ever lifetime ban for performance enhancing drugs to New York Mets' Jenrry Mejia.
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz.