1. Kobe Bryant is a legend and super demanding on his teammates, but he and Dwight Howard were pals.
2. They gossiped.
3. They synchronized cool moves like this.
4. Kobe made this face when he was judging somebody.
5. And they were just always down for hugs.
6. But Howard, who was testing free agency, did this. He signed with the Houston Rockets. Uh-oh.
7. He made his new relationship official on Twitter.
I’ve decided to become a member of the Houston Rockets. I feel its the best place for me and I am excited (cont) http://t.co/h8WK4yP3zB
8. Kobe was all, “No you didn’t.”
9. In an all-time historic burn, Kobe took to TWO social networks to let Howard know how he felt.
On Instagram he posted this photo with Pau Gasol to show who his new bestie was, with the caption, “We go together, Laker heart” and his nickname Vino, which also means wine in Spanish, which is also what he and Howard won’t be drinking during slumber parties anymore.
10. Then he hit the unfollow button on Twitter. Take that, Dwight! He can’t see your tweets in his timeline anymore unless he goes to your profile — which he will — just to see what you’ve been up to. But then he’ll roll his eyes and leave the page.
11. In a twist, ESPN reporter Darren Rovell announced that Gasol had unfollowed Howard too, but a look at who he follows shows that he was always following him since Twitter sorts followers by when you followed them and he is well down the list.
@darrenrovell He never unfollowed him. Twitter sorts your “Following” list by date you followed. You screwed up. Admit it.
12. But despite taking Howard out of his social media life, Kobe won’t soon forget the times Dwight had his back.
- At least three people – including a police officer – died in a shooting at a Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs. The suspect is in police custody. ›
- At least 15 people were killed after a suicide bomber attacked a Shiite Muslim procession of hundreds of people in Nigeria. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›