1. Pokémon is about a runaway child named Ash Ketchup who is obsessed with animals and baseball caps.
2. He’s an animal hoarder with OCD who feels compelled to imprison one of every animal in the entire world.
4. He has a girlfriend named Misty. Misty likes side ponytails and she carries around a deformed starfish.
5. The three of them hang out with a dude named Brock, who is blind.
6. Ash and his friends are constantly being chased by two drag queens and a cat from Brooklyn.
7. Ash is embroiled in an underground animal fighting ring that uses gyms as a front for their illegal activities.
8. During battles, Pokémon trainers distract each other by throwing red and white Christmas ornaments at each other. Whoever runs out of ornaments first loses.
10. Some of the most popular Pokémons include Jiggles the Puff, a pink beach ball who loves karaoke.
11. Bulbasaur is a frog with a rotten onion on his back.
12. Psyduck is a platypus with long term paranoid psychosis from extensive amphetamine abuse.
13. Slowpoke is a pink koala who just got internet access in his room.
15. Captured animals are experimented on and mutated into larger, angrier monsters.
16. When Pokémons are slaughtered in battle, they come back as mean ghosts and get to be enslaved all over again.
17. Also, Pokémonning too much will cause seizures, so it’s important to limit how much you Pokémon.
- At least three people – including a police officer – died in a shooting at a Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs. The suspect is in police custody. ›
- At least 15 people were killed after a suicide bomber attacked a Shiite Muslim procession of hundreds of people in Nigeria. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›