1. On Wednesday, producer-directors Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg (This Is the End) tweeted a first look at the poster for their new comedy, The Interview.
In the movie, Rogen and James Franco play the producer and star of a celebrity tabloid TV show who unwittingly land an interview with North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un — and are recruited by the CIA to assassinate him.
The poster, however, is filled with exactly the kind of anti-American propaganda slogans one could expect to find in North Korea. Along with the phrase “Western capitalist pigs” to describe Rogen and Goldberg, there are several comically provocative phrases in Korean.
2. These missiles are covered with a slogan that translates to “We will begin a war” — not subtle.
Another possible translation is simply “War will begin.” Also not subtle.
3. The text right beneath the stars’ names proclaims, “Do not trust stupid Americans!”
Another possible translation is slightly kinder: “Don’t believe these ignorant Americans!”
(The small text to the left and right of the title, meanwhile, translates to the film’s title.)
4. These tanks are similarly adorned with the same threatening language on the missiles: “War will begin.”
5. While the fine print at the bottom of the poster pretty much reiterates the opening tagline, roughly translating to: “Awful work by the ‘pigs’ that created Neighbors and This Is the End.”
6. The Interview is scheduled to open on Oct. 10, 2014. You can watch the trailer below:
- Greece will decide on Sunday whether they will accept austerity measures as a condition of a bailout that may stave off an imminent financial and economic crisis.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- It took a while, but an English national soccer team has finally defeated Germany in a major tournament. England took third place with a 1-0 win over the top-ranked German team in the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Chile defeated Argentina on penalties to win the Copa America tournament. It's the first ever trophy for Chile in the 99 years of the Copa ⚽️