1. Astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson, director of the Hayden Planetarium at the American Museum of Natural History in New York, had a few issues with the space-set thriller Gravity.
2. At first, it was just with the film’s title.
4. And for a second, it look liked Tyson’s issues stopped there.
5. But then Tyson started in on the film itself — and at first, he was on kind of shaky ground.
6. FWIW, Bullock’s character does say in the film her work on Hubble originated with hospital imaging technology.
But that was in the opening minutes of the film, and Tyson could have been just too awed by the movie’s grand scale.