• Stretches the upper back, arm, and shoulder muscles.
• Expands the chest to help you breathe.
How to do it:
• Reach your right arm straight up toward the ceiling with your palm facing behind you.
• Bending your right arm at the elbow place your right palm flat against your back between your shoulder blades.
•Reach your left arm behind your back and try to clasp your hands, hooking your fingers together. If you can’t clasp just try to reach your hand up as high as you can.
• Keep your back straight and your chest up during the stretch.
• Hold for 30 seconds, then release.
• Repeat on the other side.
If you're way too tight to clasp your hands together, hold one end of a scarf (or belt, cord, or plastic bag, etc.) in the hand that's between your shoulder blades and then, with your other hand, grab the other end.
Deepen the stretch:
• Instead of stopping with your fingers clasped together, try to move toward getting your palms to touch.