1. Get a pair of cooling boob tubes to keep the ol' chest nice 'n chilled.
We can all agree that cooled boobs > hot boobs.
Get it at Polar Breeze Bandanas for $8.99.
2. Bring a tiny portable phone charger so you never run out of juice.
3. And get a waterproof phone case so that rain doesn't ruin your life.
4. Get some breezy relief from an iPhone-powered portable fan.
5. Get a quick-dry towel for sweat and rain.
6. Don't be without individually-wrapped moist towelettes because Porta Potties are a difficult reality.
7. While you're at it, bring shower wipes because let's be honest, a periodic full-body clean-down never hurt anyone.
8. And consider investing in a pocket shower for multi-day events.
9. Bring bandanas to use as a sweat-absorbing headband, to hold your hair back, or to wet and wear on your neck to cool you down.
10. Bring a spray bottle for yourself and the new BFFs you'll make when they realize you can cool them down.
Get it at Amazon for $7.49.
11. Bring snacks that can survive the temperature and legit keep you full when you're drained from the heat.
12. Pack a soothing gel that prevents chafing.
13. Pack Pedialyte packets to rehydrate without a ton of sugar.
14. Make some DIY ice packs with a sponge and a zip lock bag.
These are simple to make and will keep your snacks or water nice 'n cold. Or, you can just bring them to rub on the back of your neck to cool you off. As they melt the sponges should absorb the water so you don't have to deal with backpack puddles.
Get the full tutorial here.
16. Get sunscreen that protects you and cools you as you apply it.
17. Prepare for the inevitable sunburn by freezing aloe in an ice cube tray.
Let's say you don't do an amazing job of applying sunscreen (because tbh it turns out most of us don't apply the right amount or often enough). Treating yourself to frozen aloe cubes will cool you down while soothing your poor burned skin. Watch the tutorial here.
18. Stash a steroid cream for dealing with mosquito bites.
19. And swap out your backpack for a fanny pack to reduce back sweat.
A giant, full bag on your back just makes you hotter and your back even sweatier. And yes, they are stylish. Here are a bunch of stylish ones to prove it.