2. The museum has obtained “legally certified gift tokens” for four human penises.
Pall Arason, who pledged his penis to the museum in 1996, died in 2011. His penis was put in formaldehyde, but it wasn’t properly preserved.
3. On display are 56 penises from 17 different kinds of whales.
Visitor responses are very punny.
“Guess somebody was #whale #endowed. #iceland #penismuseum”
4. The museum is just as funny as the visitors.
6. You can get up close and personal with an elephant penis.
7. Apparently the security guards are on point.
10. The museum also displays sculptures in honor of the 2008 Silver Medal-winning Icelandic handball team.
11. Visitors can also find penis art hanging throughout the museum.
Like these bull scrotum lampshades, handcrafted by the museum curator.
12. They even have wooden sculptures.
15. American Tom Mitchell wants to donate his penis to the museum before he dies.
He plans to remove his stars and stripes-tattooed penis, nicknamed “Elmo,” in order to submit it to the museum. Tom said he wanted people “to know the largest and best one came from the States.”