23 Things Everyone With A Penis Needs To Know
Consider this the owner's manual you never knew you needed.
1. The penis is actually a pretty good predictor of your overall health.
2. Sperm has a biological clock, too.
3. Premature ejaculation is super common. Really.
4. Your belly size can affect your boners and fertility.
5. Your testicle size is pretty important, too.
6. Penis size varies A LOT, and it has nothing to do with how great you are at sex.
7. Hot tubs are really bad for your balls.
8. Ejaculating often may actually be good for you.
9. Erectile dysfunction can happen at any age. And it's definitely a good enough reason to see your doctor if it happens often.
10. Taking steroids can wreck your testosterone levels and shrink your balls.
11. Not getting enough sleep can mess with your erections.
12. Smoking and drinking are really bad for your penis.
Smoking can damage the lining of your blood vessels (including those that bring blood flow to the penis), impact erections, and even damage sperm, says Paduch. And smoking marijuana isn't much better. Occasionally lighting up probably won't do much damage, but there's a proven association between smoking a lot of marijuana and developing gynecomastia (man boobs), since it's thought that the chemicals in weed can have an estrogen-like effect, says Paduch. That's clearly not great for sperm, so if you're smoking every day, that will take a toll on your fertility.
When it comes to drinking — a glass or two of wine can help you relax and boost blood flow, but much more than that can make it near impossible to get and keep a boner. That's because alcohol acts as a depressant dulling your senses, including the ones in your penis. Here's more on how alcohol affects your sex life.