1. Tinder added a new Health Safety section on their website today, where you can locate the nearest place to get tested for STIs.
Because it should be as easy to find a clinic as it is to find a date, tbh.
2. This comes after an awareness campaign from the AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) put up billboards associating apps like Tinder with STIs.
The ads appeared around L.A. and New York City in September 2015. Tinder then sent a cease and desist letter to AHF asking them to remove all references to the app on their billboards or website.
Now that Tinder added this health safety section, AHF is removing all ads mentioning the app, according to Reuters.
4. “An important aspect of any healthy relationship — whether formed on Tinder or otherwise — is ensuring sexual health and safety,” a spokesperson for Tinder told BuzzFeed Health via email.
“While the CDC, who conducted the largest and most credible study on the topic, has never identified any connection that supports the idea that Tinder usage correlates with, let alone causes, an increase in STDs, we’re of course in favor of organizations that provide public education resources on the topic, and we’re happy to do our part in supporting these educational efforts.”
- Fake news fools most Americans who read it—and Facebook is a major source, a BuzzFeed News survey has found 📰❌
- At least 25 people are dead after a powerful earthquake hit Indonesia. Many may still be trapped under collapsed buildings.
- A refrigerator is being eyed as the possible origin of the fire at an Oakland warehouse party that killed 36 people, a law enforcement official said.
- An adorable 3-year-old boy proudly covered his kitchen with carrots in the greatest carrot heist of all time 😂👏