Why would anyone ever wear condoms when condoms are obviously the worst?
4. And these perineum lesions don’t seem that terrible.
From the CDC’s description: “Also known as ‘condyloma lata’, this photograph depicts the appearance of what was determined to be secondary syphilitic lesions on a patient’s perineum. Condyloma lata lesions are smooth, moist, and flat, while condylomata acuminatum lesions, though similar, are cauliflower-like, dry, and bulky respectively.”
10. Looks exciting!
From the CDC’s description: “Due to the accompanying inflammation brought on by the Neisseria gonorrhoeae infection, the foreskin becomes adherent to the glans penis resulting in a condition known as phimosis, and cannot be retracted in order to expose the entire glans.”
17. Yeah, and?
Antibiotic resistant super-gonorrhea, shmantibiotic resistant super-gonorrhea.
Remember, there’s really no point in wearing condoms.
FYI, in case it was not clear: This post is meant to be sarcastic. Condoms are actually hugely important for your health and well-being — for starters, they lower your risk of contracting and spreading sexually transmitted diseases; they’re also 98% effective at preventing pregnancy with perfect use and 82% effective at preventing pregnancy with imperfect use. Condoms don’t prevent the spread of all sexually transmitted diseases (for instance, herpes and HPV spread through skin-to-skin contact, which can happen even if you wear a condom), but they can reduce your risk. See more information about how useful and awesome and important condoms are here.
Syphilis, gonorrhea, and chlamydia are all treatable in most cases, and can be cured. If you think you might have one of these diseases, definitely get tested. Herpes is a virus and can’t be cured — but with the right treatment can be maintained and controlled.
Bottom line: Many, many people contract and live with STDs. The best thing you can do for your health is to protect yourself, and know your STD status so you can get the medical treatment and attention you need.
The infection pictured in item number seven is Granuloma inguinale. An earlier version of this post incorrectly identified the infection.
- President Trump addressed the Conservative Political Action Conference, or CPAC, where he lashed out at the media and defended his agenda.
- The White House strongly denies reports that Chief of Staff Reince Priebus urged the FBI to undermine stories linking Trump to Russia.
- Kim Jong Nam, the half-brother of North Korea's leader, was killed with a chemical weapon last week at an airport in Malaysia.
- Caitlyn Jenner told President Trump his administration's rollback of protections for transgender kids was a "disaster" 😳