1. Fact: Some women and men can have orgasms when they aren’t having sex, or even trying to have an orgasm.
“We know that it happens, but we don’t really know why,” says Debby Herbenick, Ph.D., an associate professor at Indiana University and author of The Coregasm Workout. “People who have non-genital orgasms may be embarrassed to talk about them, but it’s actually completely normal.”
2. A non-genital orgasm can feel just as good as a genital orgasm.
“There have been studies where people who have non-genital orgasms use adjectives that describe how they feel compared to sexual orgasms,” Herbenick says. “And they’ve found that, while everyone experiences orgasms differently, there are a lot of crossover adjectives between the two.”
So what kinds of orgasms have you had?
3. Maybe you’ve orgasmed while working out?
A coregasm — which some women say is a less intense version of a genital orgasm — tends to occur during exercises that use the core muscles. Knee raises and leg raises on the captain’s chair at the gym seem to do the trick, Herbenick says. “For men, pull-ups can sometimes be a trigger.”
8. Has anxiety pushed you to your peak?
And you thought you had too much on your plate before this happened. “Some men will spontaneously ejaculate if they’re feeling stressed,” says Herbenick. Those men will usually don two pairs of underwear before high-pressure events (like giving a big speech).
12. Have you found yourself at the brink of pleasure while breastfeeding?
“If you are aroused while breastfeeding, there’s nothing wrong with you,” Herbenick says. For some people, nipple arousal can be very intense and — in the case of feeling aroused around your child — uncomfortable. But this is actually a fairly common experience!
13. Have sounds like these ever made your head tingle?
Not everyone can experience ASMR (autonomous sensory meridian response), which is commonly described as tingling sensation that starts on the scalp. The ASMR subreddit clarifies that ASMR is not sexual in nature — instead, it is “sounds that feel good.” See if these sounds work for you!
- Four people were killed in what officials are calling a terror attack after a car drove into pedestrians near Parliament in London. A suspect was also killed by police.
- Rep. Adam Schiff said there's "more than circumstantial evidence" that President Trump's campaign colluded with Russia during the election.
- Donald Trump said he feels "somewhat" vindicated after the Republican intelligence chairman in the House claimed Trump's team was surveilled.
- As if it wasn't easy enough to buy someone coffee, you'll now be able to send Starbucks gift cards via text on Apple's iMessage ☕️📲