1. The term muscular dystrophy covers a wide range of conditions.
2. The main symptoms are all similar.
3. But everyone faces different challenges.
4. There is no such thing as a typical day.
5. Most people are just trying to live a normal life.
6. Genetic history has a large part to play.
7. Some forms of muscular dystrophy are less visible than others.
8. And people can be ignorant.
9. Day-to-day life involves lots of planning.
10. Parents have to navigate an ever-changing condition.
11. And it can be lonely for parents and patients both.
12. The illness has a mental impact as well as a physical one.
13. And a positive mental attitude is invaluable.
Thanks to Muscular Dystrophy UK for its help with this article.
If you would like information or support on muscle-wasting conditions, please call the Muscular Dystrophy UK information and support team on the free helpline:
0800 652 6352 or email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ailbhe Malone is the UK lifestyle editor for BuzzFeed and is based in London.
Contact Ailbhe Malone at email@example.com.
Got a confidential tip? Submit it here.