Here’s Scotland’s first minister, Alex Salmond. And he’s got swag.
He looks like a man you can trust. But you know what he needs? A new tie.
1. Because it appears that he’s rather fond of this tie that showcases the Saint Andrew’s Cross, which doubles up as the Scottish flag.
3 August 2014
2. At first you’re like, “Why are you hassling him? The referendum’s coming up. Let it go.”
1 August 2014
3. But seriously though.
14 June 2014
4. You could even forgive him for wearing it this time too, because he was presenting the white paper on Scottish referendum.
26 November 2013
5. But now we know the tie is not just for speeches. He also wore it when eating.
23 September 2013
6. Even though he had been wearing the tie onstage just two days earlier.
21 September 2013
7. And at the Ryder Cup tournament.
14 July 2014
8. At this point you start wondering whether the tie has mystical powers.
7 July 2014, Wimbledon
9. HE EVEN WORE THE TIE WHEN HE MET THE QUEEN.
Yes, we’re sure.
10. And again when he gave a speech in May.
21 May 2013
7 November 2012
12. And he’s even worn the tie at least twice in front of the prime minister. Oh dear.
15 October 2012
13. And he wore it at this Ryder Cup too.
27 September 2012
14. Oh yes, and at Wimbledon. Again. And David Cameron was sitting in front of him in the crowd again. Wonder if he said anything.
8 July 2012
15. He’s taken the tie to film festivals.
30 June 2012
16. It’s gone out for strolls.
5 June 2012
17. And here it is at Wimbledon. Again. :( This time, hanging out with a former prime minister.
3 July 2011
18. And oh yeah, here it is with David Cameron. Again.
25 June 2011
19. But the tie’s been there for the good moments. Salmond brought it along when he got re-elected.
18 May 2011
20. And heated moments too, such as when Salmond was taking questions at the Scottish parliament.
23 December 2010
13 September 2010
22. The tie also accompanied Salmond to talks with the prime minister and Nick Clegg just after the coalition government came to power.
8 June 2010
23. And here’s him wearing it in 2009. It’s 2014 now, by the way.
14 October 2009
24. By now, he’s probably thinking, “I wonder how long I can get away with wearing the same tie again and again without anyone noticing.”
2 September 2009
25. It’s really just surprising that Salmond’s not bored of the tie yet.
10 September 2009
26. Because yes. We’re really bored of it. #RetireTheTie
24 August 2009